State Bank of India (SBI) Internet banking services were designed by the bank to serve its customers on the go. If one has a username and password for internet banking services, he / she can easily benefit from many services such as making transactions, requesting new check books, opening and closing fixed deposit accounts. and recurring deposit accounts, etc. However, it is important to take care of your online banking password which needs to be changed from time to time. This helps protect his account from hacking attacks.
Here are five steps in which you can change your login password for SBI accounts:
1. Log on to the official SBI website – onlineSBI.com with your online banking account. Go to the ‘My accounts’ tab. To the left, click on ‘Change login password’. You will then be directed to their page.
2. You will see two modes for changing the SBI login password: âGenerate One Time Password (OTP)â and âChange login password using profile passwordâ. Choose one of the modes.
3. If you choose the mode âchange login password using profile passwordâ, you will be prompted to enter your SBI profile password. Type it in and click “Send”.
4. You will be taken to the âchange passwordsâ page. Enter your old login password. After that enter the new login password and enter it again to confirm it. Click on ‘Send’.
5. You will then see a message on the screen stating that your SBI login password has been changed. You will also see the date and time of the password change.
How to change the SBI profile password:
1. Click on the âProfileâ tab in one of the first lines of the screen. It will direct you to the Profile page.
2. Click on ‘Change passwords’.
3. Enter your profile password. Click on ‘Send’. 4. Click on “Profile password”. Enter the old profile password as well as the new profile password. Enter the new profile password again. Click on ‘Send’.
5. You will then see a message on the screen stating that your profile password has been changed. You will also see the date and time of the password change. Remember to log out of the account after receiving this message.