Lost or stolen SBI debit card? Here’s how you can block it and request a replacement | Photo credit: BCCL
New Delhi: If you are a customer of SBI, the largest bank in the country, offers its customers the option of blocking the SBI ATM debit card by phone call and SMS. When the debit card is lost or stolen, the possibility of misuse or unauthorized transaction is higher, which is why it is extremely important to block the card as soon as possible.
If you have misplaced or lost your ATM card, you can immediately block your card linked to the registered account. To do this, send an SMS from your mobile number registered as’ BLOCK
You can block your SBI ATM card via a phone call. SBI account holders can call the SBI customer service number to register a complaint and block the card immediately. It will be necessary to call a toll free number 18004253800 or 1800112211, this is an interactive voice response system (IVRS) where customers will be guided with the following steps to block their card.
Informing about this, the SBI tweeted a message with a video explaining the process. âHere’s how you can block your debit card and issue a new one through our toll-free IVR system. Just call 1800 112 211 or 1800 425 3800,” SBI wrote.
How to block SBI debit card:
- Dial 1800 112 211
- To block the SBI card, press 2
- Enter the last 5 digits of the account number to block the card
- Your card will be successfully blocked and a confirmation will be sent to you by SMS to your registered mobile number
Four ways to apply for a new SBI ATM debit card:
1. Website: You can make your reissue request by logging into sbicard.com. After that, click on “Request” and then on “Reissue / Replace card”. Now select the card number and click on “Send”.
2. Mobile application: Log in to the sbicard mobile app and tap on the Menu tab at the top left. Now go to the âService requestâ tab and press âReissue / Replace cardâ. Then select the card number and press “Send”.
3. Email: Write an official mail on sbicard.com/email
4. Help line: Call the helpline 1 800 425 3800
In case of reissue and replacement of the card, you will have to pay a fee of Rs 100 plus applicable taxes. After requesting a reissue or replacement of the card, you will receive the new card within seven working days. However, it may take a bit longer depending on your location.
You can even choose to disable point-of-sale (POS), ATM, international, or domestic transactions. You can control the use of your ATM card by sending an SMS from your registered mobile number. After that, you can choose to activate whenever you want to make a transaction. To do this, type an SMS ‘SWON / SWOFFATM / POS / ECOM / INTL / DOM