Representative image | Photo credit: Getty Images
New Delhi: When you open an account at any bank, you get a checkbook with your banking kit. If you are already running out of checks, you can now request a new checkbook quite easily. You can request a new checkbook without going to the bank branch. Most public and private sector banks offer different ways for customers to order a new checkbook without going to the bank branch.
If you have an ATM near you, you can easily request a new checkbook from there. If you don’t have an ATM near you, you can use internet banking, phone banking, and missed call banking to request the new checkbook.
Here is how to order a fresh checkbook without visiting a bank branch
From the ATM:
1. Visit the bank’s ATM.
2. Insert your debit card into the machine and enter your 4-digit debit card PIN code.
3. Select options such as âMore optionsâ or âServicesâ, depending on availability. Locate the option âcheckbook requestâ and select it.
4. Some ATMs ask you for the number of leaflets you need, varying between 25 and 100 leaflets. The bank will charge a fee for the checkbook and deduct it from your bank account.
5. The checkbook will be delivered to your registered address within three to four business days.
1. Visit the official website of the respective bank. Enter your net banking username and password to log in.
2. Under the âProducts and Servicesâ or âCustomer Servicesâ option, locate the âCheckbook Requestâ option and click on it.
3. Select the account for which you want to issue a checkbook and select the amount of leaflets you need in your checkbook.
4. Click on âsubmitâ to submit your checkbook request.
5. Your checkbook will reach your registered address within three to four business days.
Bank by phone / SMS
1. Find your bank’s toll-free number and sign up for SMS banking.
2. Send the checkbook request message in a prescribed format to the number listed on the bank’s website. You can also use the missed calls banking option to request the checkbook.
3. Once your request has been processed, the checkbook will be delivered to you within a few working days.
1. Log in to your bank’s mobile application using your 4-digit PIN code
2. Click on Services and locate the option âCheckbook Servicesâ, then select âIssue Checkbookâ. (Options may vary from bank to bank).
3. Select the account number for which you need the checkbook and click on âSendâ.