Hello Bedford! It’s Tuesday, so let’s start with everything you need to know in town today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
A chance of light freezing rain or freezing drizzle early Tuesday morning giving way to partly sunny skies. High: 43. Low: 27.
Congratulations to our first local sponsor:
Have you stopped by T-BONES Great American Eatery off River Road lately? If you buy a $ 25 gift card by New Years, you will receive an additional $ 5 for free. Find out more here.
Want to see your business featured in this location? Click here to begin.
Here are the best stories in Bedford today:
- With more and more people buying gifts and parcels delivered in record numbers this year and during the holiday season, Chief John J. Bryfonski and the Bedford Police Department Shared tips from the National Neighborhood Watch to help prevent package theft:
- Configure notifications to track your packages
- Install a security camera in the area (s) outside your home where packages can be delivered
- Require a signature on delivery to ensure packages are never left unattended
- Reschedule delivery or request a postponement of packages during the holidays
- Research potential home security technologies and locking device options to protect and monitor packages
- Sign up for the USPS “Informed Delivery” service, where you can receive a daily email with a photo / scan of the mail you receive that day. You can read more about the Bedford Police Department press release here: (JGPR)
- Consider getting a PO Box at your local post office or having packages delivered to your office
- Omicron threatens to disrupt winter trip to the Caribbean. After tourism rebounded from the pandemic, travel advisers say the market is changing dramatically with the omicron push. “Has omicron affected bookings for the holidays and the winter season?” ” Weekly trip writer Gay Nagle Myers asked travel counselors on the Travel Consultants Selling The Caribbean Facebook group. Jennifer pickering, Owner of Seahorse Travel in Bedford, NH. was part of the conversation about Caribbean tourism and the unexpected challenges of a new pandemic obstacle. You can read more here: (Weekly trip)
- can you help identify this thief? Manchester Police Detective James Pitman asks for help in identifying a man who retrieved a debit card left at a ### strong machine at Triangular savings bank in Manchester. At first December, someone accidentally left their debit card at the Triangle Credit Union ATM to Rue de l’Orme, when police said another customer picked up the debit card and placed it on the bank’s exterior window. Then the wind blew the credit card into the parking lot where another person picked it up and used it in several places to make purchases. Manchester Police would like anyone with information to call Pittman at 603-792-5551. You can also call the Manchester Crime Line at 603-624-4040. You can see the suspect and learn more here: (Patch)
Today’s Bedford Daily is brought to you in part by our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring does more than just doorbells: discover their full line of smart home products at Ring.com. And thank you ring for helping to shake up local news in Bedford!
Today in Bedford:
From my notebook:
- Bedford Hockey: “Next game on December 27 against Trinity, 8 p.m. JFK Arena in Manchester.” (Facebook)
- Bedford Hockey: “Here are some more photos from today’s opening game of the Brian Stone Christmas Tournament at JFK against Hanover.” (Facebook)
- Bedford NH Public Library: “Meet Emily Weiss! We’re shining the spotlight on her this month! (Facebook)
- Tony Schinella, patch staff: “Copper Door Restaurant recently celebrated 10 years in Bedford. Mariana Vis took these photos after attending a recent brunch at the restaurant and submitted them to Bedford NH Patch. Some of the people in the photos including Tammy.” (Room)
More from our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- The secret science behind the Nutcracker ballet. (Dec 29)
- Celebrate the New Year with 15 percent off the beautiful flowers from FTD! (Dec. 31)
- Add your event
If you like the Bedford Daily, here are all the ways you can get more involved:
That’s all for today. I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow with your next update!
– Paula constance
About me: I am a freelance writer, author and media producer. I engage in media projects that empower, engage and help make the world a better place.