Update PAN card to use debit card for international transactions, check details here
If you are a client of State Bank of India (SBI) and conduct international transactions with a debit card (SBI Debit Card), then this news is for you. SBI said that if you want to continue international transactions without interruption with a debit card, you need to update your PAN number with the necessary bank account.
SBI said you don’t need to go anywhere to update your PAN number as it could be done online. It can also be done offline by registering the PAN number with the required bank account.
The bank provided information about it on the social media site Twitter.
“Having trouble with international transactions? Update your PAN information in the bank’s file to take advantage of transparent foreign transactions through SBI debit card,” the State Bank of India tweeted.
Problems with international transactions? Update your PAN details on bank file to take advantage of transparent foreign transactions through SBI debit card.#SBI #National Bank of India #DebitCard # PANDetails pic.twitter.com/kyo9wBMGuc
– State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) January 19, 2021
Last year, the Reserve Bank made some changes regarding the rules of international transactions.
The country’s largest bank, SBI, has more than 40 million customers across the country. It has more than 22,000 branches across the country.
Online registration procedure
Here are the steps:
1. Log in to SBI Internet Banking, click on the e-service tab.
2. There will be an option for PAN recording, click on it and open it.
3. Enter the password and click submit, all your accounts will appear on the screen.
4. Account in which PAN is not registered. The option “Click here to register” will be mentioned in front of these accounts.
5. Click on the account in which you want to register PAN.
6. After that, a page will open where you will need to enter the PAN card number and click submit.
7. After that your name, CIF and PAN number will appear on the screen, check it and click confirm.
8. By clicking confirm, a high security password will be sent to your registered cell phone number, enter it and click confirm.
9. After that, a message will appear on your screen, which will contain information about submitting your request.
10. The bank will process your request within 7 days.
Offline registration method:
If you want to record PAN in offline mode, you need to go to the bank branch and request it. Go to the bank and get a form, fill it out and attach the photo copy of the PAN card and submit it. In this process, a message will come to your mobile. In which the information about the PAN link will be given.